This year for Christmas.....
I didn't say I was going to make my favorite Christmas candies and cookies and then not really do it.....I made LOTS!
I didn't freak out as much about what exactly I was going to get my boys ( I did freak out a tiny bit, just not as much as I usually do)...I tried to remember what Christmas is really all about and not worry so much about whether my boy's liked what they got. I'd so much rather have them understand WHY they are getting Christmas presents then be disappointed that they didn't get exactly what they wanted. They each got 3 gifts and we explained to them how the 3 Kings brought baby Jesus 3 presents when he was born in the stable that night.
I didn't procrastinate sending out thank-you cards to our family in Buffalo....they're ready to be mailed already. People, that's seriously good for me!
I didn't get a family Christmas photo or letter out....AGAIN. Every single year I say I'm going to do it "this year" and then end up saying..."well, I'll for sure do one next year".
I didn't exchange gifts with my hubby. Our gift to each other is that we will be a DEBT free family....soon, very soon! There will be no better gift than that. Being careful about our money "right now" so that later we can relax and enjoy not having bills, bills, bills. Me being able to stay home with my kids and be a mom to them without the constant stress of financial burdens that come with car loans, student loans, etc.etc.etc....will be the.BEST.GIFT.EVER!!
I didn't make cute homemade gift tags and wrap my gifts with beautiful bows (like I always say I want to).....They were wrapped and the receiver's name was written....in pen...right on the wrapping paper. how lame! =(
I didn't take a chill pill when my boys were pushing me to the brink of insanity...sometimes I need to just take a deep breath and walk away. But that is NOT what ends up happening......ugh
We still have two more Christmases to celebrate this year. We're not done yet! ;) When it's all said and done I'll share lots of pics of our super fun Christmas season.
No comments:
Post a Comment