1/3/11

It's a New Year

I'm not a BIG New Year's Resolution type person but I do use the "new year" as an excuse to kind of re-evaluate my priorities, think about what I really want to do, what I wish I would have done last year, what things I've procrastinated on, etc. I feel like 2010 was such a crazy, full year. Full of good things, bad things, stressful things, wonderful blessings and just all around craziness. I want to take the time to slow down and really be intentional about 2011. God has given us only so many days here on this earth and although my eternity will be spent in a much.much.much better place, I do still want to make my time here on earth "count". Otherwise, really.....what's the point of even being here at all? Just a few of the random thoughts I've been having lately:

.....I want to be more regular with this blog so that I can look back at it in years to come and remember the little things my silly kids did. I've even heard of taking a year's worth of blog posts and having them made into a book, or journal. How awesome would that be? very cool....

.....We really, really want to sell our house in Waukee and move to the "country". We soooooo want land, acres....space. We just aren't town people and although I want to be close to the big city (haha) I really want to be out on an acreage somewhere. We believe that God will be taking us there in 2011.

.....I want to learn to be more patient with my children. There are days when I feel like the.worst.mother.EVER....I get so disappointed in myself and the way that I lash out at them in anger. Lord, help me learn to be patient.

.....I want to be more intentional about "loving" my husband. I love him SO MUCH! There really aren't words to describe how much I love that man. He puts up with my crap better than anyone ever could. He is a really good man. The kind of man that I'm so proud to call mine. He has such a servant's heart. He'd help anyONE with anyTHING....no questions asked. His heart was made to serve others and I love that about him. Sometimes I end up nagging and complaining at him more than I actually love on him. Sad....

.....I WILL lose the last 15ish pounds that I gained with Ali. No questions asked....it will be gone. soon. very...very soon.

I could go on, there are lots more things I've been thinking about at the start of this new year. But, my D-man is begging to be read to~


I can't resist leaving you with this sweet pic of my punky...=)

1 comment:

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

I just wanted to cry reading this - perhaps i'm a bit on the pms side?? good grief! anyway, i have been thinking a lot about the new year and i don't usually do that either. it's weird. i want to enjoy my time here more too - take it slower....it's so nice to just sit and play with my kids. i've been trying to do that more.....ahhh, the things we learn in life! let's remind each other to slow down and enjoy life as we go!