11/1/10

Weekend Fun




The weekend was an absolute blast! Getting out of this house and spending time away from my kids, with my sisters and mom, was exactly what the Dr. ordered! It was SO.NICE! I didn't even really get completely away since I had to meet up with Scott at least every 4 hours to feed Ali but still, it was seriously soooooo nice! Really it's the first time I've spent more than a couple of hours for myself since before I was pregnant with Ali, needless to say, I loved it! ;) Scott is such a good daddy and hubby! He's so good with the kids and he did such a good job holding down the fort while I was gone!

Friday night we tried out a new Mongolian BBQ place called Bang Bang! It was very yummy, good food, totally worth the money spent there! Then we just hung out in our hotel room Friday night, sat in the hot tub, talked, ate cheesecake and had a glass of wine...perfection! Saturday we shopped, got pedis/manis, shopped some more, ate lunch in Valley Junction, shopped some more, came home to be with all the kids and dads for trick-or-treating in our neighbrhood, then headed back out for Mexican to end our weekend together. It was so much fun.....our mom spoils us rotten!! =)

Highlights from my weekend:

-finding a pair of jeans at Kohls for 80% off (they were originally $40), trying them on, seeing that they fit perfect and paying $8 for them, suhweeet!!!

-eating my first cupcake from this place in Valley Junction...super, super yummy!

-laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and tears were streaming down my face

-The Tavern's onion rings

-finding a cute new shop at JC mall that I LOVED, can't remember the name...I think it was Francesca's....something?

-my mom surprising us each with a new purse and a new shirt...seriously, she's the best! Funny how a new purse, an $8 pair of jeans and a new shirt can just make a girl's day!

1 comment:

peter marie said...

Fun! Yes, I think Francesca's is right...I've only been there once, but it is WAY cute!!