So, it's January.....the Holidays are over, now what?! Seriously? Does anyone else feel like that? I love the Holidays, it's a fun time of year, a good excuse to be lazy, sleep in, take time off, do nothing all day, eat junk food. I mean seriously, does it get much better than that? But, as each year goes by, the Holidays get shorter and shorter, I swear. I mean, as a kid the weeks you had off from school (and even as a college student) seemed to last forever, you started to miss your friends, and school, and "regular" life. But, as an adult it's like a snap of the fingers and it's over. So, now it's January and I feel like the Winter snow will NEVER melt, and Spring is way, WAY too far away. I love Iowa's changing of seasons and I really do like the snow. It's pretty....for like 5 minutes. But when it's -21 degrees outside and the weekly forecast shows no hope for ANY melting at all, that's when I start my "I'm over it" attitude. Go away. seriously. melt!
The boys are so bored out of their minds and so tired of being cooped up, they're driving me a little nuts. Last night they begged, and begged, and begged to go play outside in their snow fort. I calmly explained the concept of frost bite and said "no". But, when daddy got home, they bundled up just to walk to the mailbox and back and then kicked some snow around on the deck while daddy got some more firewood from the pile in the backyard. It lasted all of about 20 minutes before the only skin that was exposed to the elements looked like it was about to freeze off. I seriously think it took longer to actually dress them to go out than they actually spent out. But? They were happy that they got out of the house. Worth it? I guess so.
We had a fun weekend. A cousin of mine got married in Carroll and we stayed in a hotel. The boys love to swim so we got as much swimming in as possible for a one night stay. It was fun. Then Sunday we had the Hoyt family Christmas in Jefferson. We have an exceptionally close extended family. I don't think there a lot of families where the cousins are now grown adults with kids of their own and still keep in touch as much as we do. All of our children (2nd cousins) are friends and love to play together and it's fun when we all have an excuse to get together! It was a good weekend but it always makes for a rough start to the week when you're running all weekend long. Especially when you're pregnant and feel like a truck has hit you 24/7. I'm so tired all of the time and just have zero energy. Any sort, even the smallest amount, of physical activity wears me out and causes Braxton hicks (sp?). So depressing for someone who is normally working out 5 days a week and in pretty good shape. Oh well, it's all for a good cause! ;)
Well, now that it's taken me over an hour to finish this post because the boys have literally fought over every single thing in this house, I should go! ;)
2 comments:
Oh, Erica! I so remember those days and are feeling for you!! The putting on the coats, boots, mittens, etc.....and then someone has to go to the bathroom before they even get out the door....and you barely turn around and here they are....ready to come in!! Hang in there, this too will pass and someday you will be like me....with the memories. Love you.
I HEAR ya!!!
Post a Comment