1/13/10

It's pretty sad when you're extremely, I mean extremely, excited about the temps for the day......and the high is 34 degrees!! I can't wait to see water dripping, snow melting.....even if it IS only the snow on the sidewalk and driveway. Seriously, very exciting!!

Sunday afternoon we started painting the living room which slowly led into the kitchen and then up the hallway. One bad thing about being inside the walls of your house 90% of your week is that you end up finding millions of things that are "wrong" or need fixed or updated or changed. I have been dying to paint basically the entire house. Really, the whole house needs a fresh coat of paint. The bedrooms haven't been painted in probably 6 years and that was when my parent's lived here and my mom did it. The front (living) room was terrible because when Scott and I moved in we wanted to change it and we (very quickly, and very poorly) slapped a coat of paint up. It was so dirty and knicked and in desparate need of some good quality fresh paint. So, that's where I started but then decided that I didn't want the green in the kitchen anymore and then went up the hallway because it was needing it too. We're almost done. We got the majority of it done Sunday and then have been working on it in the evenings, just finishing up. I love it. The color is Tobacco Road and it's like a butter/tan/gold-ish. It's going to look oh-so-fab when we finally get around to painting our kitchen cabinets black like I've been wanting to do for a year now, like THIS.

I will show before and after pics although I didn't really get before pics of the painting. I'll have to dig and find some random pictures that show the kitchen and the living room "before". It's a work in progress but I'm definitely in the mood for some change around these walls!

No comments: