2/4/10

Is it weird that I'm sad that my baby is wearing underwear? I mean, he's worn underwear before, around the house and even out a little bit but it's always been in conjunction with pull-ups because I was sick of cleaning poop out of his underwear. But, now he's officially done with pull-ups except for overnight. He's getting over his weird phobia of pooping in the potty (he's been going pee in the potty for a long time now, just had issues with pooping) and is wearing underwear full time now. He's pooped every day this week in the potty, no accidents! He just still seems so young to me. He just turned 2 in October, so he is young.....it's just weird that he's growing up! =( I'm a big fan of potty training early! I dunno....maybe I'm a freak but I think kids are ready earlier than we realize! Not like at 6 months like that new movement claims (has anyone seen that? crazy!) but, ya know what I mean. Anyway, point is, I see his little butt walkin' around all grown-up like in his undies and I feel sad. Just can't believe how fast they change and how quickly they become little people and not babies anymore.

I think I'm slowly starting to get over this horrible cold that I've had now for 2 weeks! The boys got sick first and then both Scott and I got it. It has seriously kicked our behinds!! Sore throats, horrible stuffy noses, coughs, etc. I've been feeling pretty icky lately! I had my glucose test last week and they called to tell me that I passed it but that my hemoglobin count was way down and that I should start an iron supplement. The nurse said "your numbers are pretty low, have you been feeling fatigued?" I about died laughing!! I have been SO.TIRED.ALL.THE.TIME lately!! I just assumed that it was because I'm pregnant, FAT, and running around after kids all day but I was kind of happy to hear that there might be a reason. So, I've only started the supplements for a couple days now, and I already feel better, crazy!!
*********************************************************
So, I started this post last night and never finished it. I'm back tonight trying to finish and actually post it although I know it's NOT exciting, at all. I'm having one of those nights. Ya know, those nights where I could just lock myself in my room and cry. No one bother me, no one touch me or say my name, or come barreling into me at 45 mph and say "sorry mom, I was just being superman", no one ask me for a drink or a snack or if I'll wipe their poopy behind or "what's for dinner". I mean seriously, duh.....I have nothing to complain about and I know that, but there are just some nights where having a pitty party for myself sounds much, MUCH more appealing than being logical and level-headed about anything!! It's one of those nights....where that last eensy weensy bit of energy/self-control/patience that I DID have was sucked out of me with the 10 millionth fist fight over a STUPID "GI Joe" guy! Where pointless threats come out of my mouth before I can control them like "I'm throwing every single toy in this whole house in the garbage", or "I'm calling daddy and you're NOT gonna be happy when he gets home".....Lord help me, that's all I can say right now.....LORD HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: