12/14/09

We're done!!

We're officially done with our 6 weeks of abstaining from something "worldly" to remind us of the principles in the book of Daniel. It's been really good for me to be reminded (every time I want to "blog") about the city of Babylon and all the temptations and material possessions that we live surrounded by in today's world as well.

We've been shut inside all day today. This weather is nasty. The piles of snow outside now have slick sheets of ice all over them and I'm not about to venture out on the roads! But, that's ok with me. We've filled our day with coloring, Scooby Doo, good long naps and dancing around the kitchen listening to Christmas music. I love Pandora!!

Over the weekend the boys spent hours and hours outside playing in the snow. Scott built up a huge pile of snow about 5 feet tall and then dug out a really cool cave on the inside and made a "slide" down one side of it. The boys have their own little play fort/sledding hill right in the front yard. They've been having a blast with it!! Scott is definitely a child at heart. He played right along with them, for hours!! I love it. It's times like that when I'm so glad that we have boys. Scott is SUCH a good daddy. The boys absolutely adore him.

Speaking of having boys. We have an ultrasound next Wednesday. We'll find out what we're having and I can't wait! I really can't imagine a girl so I guess if there's such a thing as a "gut" feeling, then I'm thinking BOY. But, ya never know. We'll see. I would love, love, did I say love to have a girl. But, I also just can't imagine it. And, I would LOVE to have 3 boys. There's just something about being the mom of 3 boys that excites me, lots! Either way, I'm excited to find out.

I'm off to start dinner. Hope everyone is keeping warm tonight!

2 comments:

Cara said...

I felt the same way about having girls! I just cannot imagine having anything but girls. I guess it's a good thing that is what I have! :) I cannot wait to find out what you are having, too. If you do have a girl, she will be one tough cookie growing up with all those boys - that, and she will have her daddy and big brothers wrapped around her little finger! I gotta say from experience, it was fun being the only girl! Good luck with your ultrasound!!!!

peter marie said...

Hey, just checking in....did you find out if it's a boy or girl?? :)