We are studying the book of Daniel in our small group right now and we just decided to start a reallllly good Beth Moore study on the book. Last week was our first night (with a video of her speaking). At the end of the session Beth Moore challenged everyone to choose something in their lives that gives them "pleasure" and abstain from it for the first 6 weeks of the study. It's a way of having a constant reminder of the things of this world that keep us distracted or trick us into thinking we "need" certain material/worldly pleasures. Soooo, I chose blogging. Uhm, hello? It's been ROUGH. I love reading everyone's blogs all week long and my "thing" was that I would not be allowed to look at others' blogs/or update my own blog during the week. It's been hard. I've caught myself so many times wanting to click on your blogs and see how your days are going. But, I must say, it is REALLY a constant daily reminder of how/where my joy and pleasure should be coming from. I am loving reading through Daniel and learning about him and his friends, Babylon, the courage he had and how he stood up for his faith in the most difficult times and didn't care what people thought even if it meant he'd be put to death, he didn't care. He stood up for his God!
Thanks for all your thoughts/prayers about my back. It's been rough but I'm hanging in there. I feel so zapped all.the.time. Being in pain and being sick and being so tired is just not a good combination. I feel like I could definitely win the Worst Mother of the Year award, hands down. But, I'm doing my best. I keep telling myself "it'll get better, it'll get better".
How about this awesome weather? I think we're headed to the zoo today. Lord help me with these 2 animals by myself at the zoo! =) Scott is working today with a friend doing some odd jobs and tonight we have a babysitter and are going over to friends' house for soups and a bonfire, hmm, can't wait!
Ok, well I should probably go since Drew is running around the house stark naked with a blanket on his head screaming "trick or treat" and Reed is chasing him screaming and bawling b/c I seriously think he thinks Drew has candy that he's not sharing. Oh how I love these crazy days!
1 comment:
Yah, that's a funny picture alright! Cute :)
Post a Comment