7/13/09

So much FUN!

I'm sure absolutely nobody even reads this thing anymore (with my lack of posting and such) but just in case.......we had so much fun today when we out to check on the garden and found that there were GREEN BEANS and lettuce!!! I cannot even tell you how excited Drew was! He has been giddy about this garden from day one. He had so much fun planting the seeds with Daddy and every couple of days he'll say "mommy, do you think our garden has food yet?". He's just been dying to pick "food" from the garden! He was beyond thrilled when I told him that today was the day! =) Aw, the simple things in life. So. Much. Fun!!!



We leave on Friday morning really early for Mexico. Scott surprised me(did ya'll catch that.....he surprised me? so not like him) about a month ago and told me that he had a week long trip to Riviera Maya planned! I am SO EXCITED I can't even stand it. But, I'm also SO SICK about it I can't even stand it. I've never left either of the boys for this long. I've only ever left Reed for a couple days. It's going to be so, so, so hard for me! I'm hoping I don't let it ruin my time away because I know that the boys will be having so much fun here with their grammas, grampa, and papa! There's no doubt they'll have more fun with all of them than they would at home with me on another boring "regular" week. But, still! =(

Anyway, pray for safe travels, and I'll be thinking of you all while I'm sippin' a fruity drink layin' on the beach listening to the waves and crinklin' my feet in the sand, I CANNOT wait!!

9 comments:

Beverly said...

I found your blog from your comment on Layla's blog (The Lettered Cottage). Isn't she amazing? It looks like you've learned a lot from her!

Beverly in Des Moines

Cara said...

Erica - HAVE FUN! I totally know your feeling of not wanting to be away - but have fun anyway! That is so awesome that Scott surprised you! I really hope you guys have a great time.

amanda said...

Erica - hope you guys have a great time! My husband and I were just in the Riviera Maya in December and had a great time.

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

i love simple things like that. kids are so funny that way. kaeden freaks out when i give him a paper towel roll to play with...

you will have fun on your trip. if i can do it, ANYONE can. i was SICK over leaving just kaeden when we went a couple of years ago and everything was fine, of course! i'm also praying for reed to get better too --- i think he will before you leave.

i'll be thinking of you with your toes in the sand while i'm here doing nothing!

Danielle said...

Your garden looks awesome. I am very jealous since I haven't been able to have one for the last two years.

Have a great time in Mexico. Please have Scott call Mitch and explain this great husband/surprise trip thing. That's great that he did that. I would die if my husband did that.

gramma Melanie said...

love the garden produce. YUM!

Cheryl said...

Hey - I read your blog!! I like your pic of the garden better than the one would have been of Great Gramps and I picking beans!! We were moaning and groaning a bit!! Jason handles it much better! Actually I don't mind - cause I love the end result. One of my very favorites-----fresh green beans. Have fun on your trip - all will be fine.

Grandma Hoyt said...

Hey! I, too, check your blog every day....always glad when you have something new. Wow...those beans and lettuce look good...I'm sure you enjoyed eating them...fresh from YOUR garden! You will be fine without the boys - and you and they will both have a great time - will expect a report when you get back.

peter marie said...

Holy cow, that sounds awesome. Have a blast!