5/9/09

We're Havin' a Party!!!!

Today is Corbin's birthday party, can't believe the little monster is 1 already, boy how the time really does fly when you're havin' fun! =) He actually turned 1 a couple weeks ago but today we're celebrating. We're having the party here at our house so we'll spend the morning cleaning and getting ready. Then, I have a $30 (yes, you heard me right, $30) highlight at the Aveda Institute. I'll be cutting it pretty close, probably running in the door as the party is getting started. Andrea and Evan are just using our house since their's is a little small and the weather this time of year is unpredictable. So, as long as the house is clean.....I'm OUT! Can't pass up the $30 highlight.

Last weekend my sisters and friends surprised (well.....not really surprised, I figured it out) me with a trip to the Somerset Winery in Indianola for my 30th Birthday. It was so much fun. Beautiful weather, good wine, and food, great friends, live music. Just my kinda night! I'm still struggling a little with turning 30 but I'm slowly getting over it. ;) It's just a weird feeling, ya know? When I was growing up (pfff, who am I kidding, I'm still growing up) I remember thinking that 30 was definitely "old". Wow, weird, I'm 30? no way!

I've been contemplating putting a password on my blog like so many other people are doing. It's weird ya know? you can google my first and last name and get to this blog. I don't think I really like that. Plus, a lot of times I don't write or update my blog because the only things I have to say are really personal things and I don't want to say them unless I know who's reading them? know what I mean?

Okay, I have more to say but Drew is already up asking for breakfast and Reed is up in his bed yelling "mamamamamama". Duty calls! I hope you all have something outside planned for this weekend. It's gonna be a beautiful day today. And Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there!

Oh, and PS - to all my praying friends.....please pray for our family during this season of life. Anybody who knows our family, even a little bit, knows that my husband Scott is a work-aholic. Well, I shouldn't say that, he'd much rather be at home with his boys and me but his job is very, very, very, very (is that really enough very's to portray how I feel) demanding. This time of year things only get worse, as if every "other" time of year wasn't bad enough. It's really hard on us. I honestly don't feel like I've really talked to him in weeks. I know I have, it's just that things get so chaotic, so busy that it's hard to feel like we're slowing down and just being a family together. This week was another looooong one. He worked basically sun up to sun down every day, and then through the night a couple of the days as well. He's in bed right now because he worked through the night last night again. I felt him crawl into bed at 4:30 this morning! =( I'm trying to find the good in all of this.......thank you Lord that my husband has a job! Really........thank you Lord!! It's just reeeeeeally hard not to get jealous of all the women whose husbands come home to them at 5pm every night and have dinner with their families and enjoy their weekends together, or take days off every once in awhile or come home early on Friday afternoons, ok, I'll stop now..........it's hard............. =)

For the sake of not sounding stupid (because now I feel stupid for complaining), I do just want to say though that I'm thankful my husband has a good job and I'm thankful I have HIM, not everyone is as blessed as I am and I think I need to remember that when I feel like pouting! =(

My girl friends from church: Jill (who will probably kill me for posting this, I don't think she meant to get so carried away with her "pose", isn't she beautiful though?), Esther, Becky, me and Trayla. Love these girls!

What would I do without these girls? I'm so thankful that my parents decided to be insane and have 4 kids under the age of 5! I can't imagine life without being so close to them. I love you guys so much!!!! How funny is this? Reed decided to get IN the baby seat and hold Kinsley.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Erica, we need to get together and talk! I feel the SAME way about my husband and family right now. Jason goes to work before we even get out of bed and then after his "regular" job he goes out to the farm to help Grandpa with the farming and help my mom with the livestock. So I totally feel your pain. I, too, try to focus on the positive. But that is not so easy to do sometimes. If you pray for us, I will pray for you! :)

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

I'll be praying for you about this. As you know, if it's not one thing - it's another. There's always a trade off am I right? So frustrating...

gramma Melanie said...

Well, this picture of Reed and Kinsley is adorable! He's such a baby lover!!!! :)

Wayyyy too cute!