5/16/09

Thrifty Treasures


I found some treasures at the local thrift store. I've always been a fan of thrift stores, consignment shops, garage sales, they're my fave! I remember spending hours in college at the Goodwill just sifting through the racks. I haven't been to many garage sales this year yet and today we attempted one last shot at ours. We opened the door at 8am and thought we'd try to sell our leftovers from 2 weeks ago one more time. By 10:00 (with only one customer)we had closed the garage door and started packing things up for donation. It was way too cold and no one was out! While Reed was napping and Scott and Drew were out running errands, I was catching up on some blogs. I ran across this blog of a woman who is literally obsessed with thrift shopping. She buys absolutely nothing new. She finds the coolest stuff. Anyway, it inspired me. I made a trip to Goodwill and LOOK what I found. I was so pumped! I found new pair of shoes for both boys (Baby Gap for Reed and almost brand new Target for Drew; $2 each) a perfect little clock that goes so well on my end table in the Living Room, and candle stand that also matches my Living Room perfect and an a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e little lamp (that is currently primed and getting a nice coat of shiny black spray paint). LOVE IT, what a score! Makes me want to go yard sale/thrift store shopping every day of the week. There is just something so fun about digging through other people's junk and finding just the perfect little treasure!

2 comments:

gramma Melanie said...

Nice!

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

ya, very cool. i love that goodwill out our way over here is that where you went? i haven't been there in a while but i remember seeing that lamp there a long time ago! funny! good idea to paint it black, i never even thought of that. makes me want to shop....