You know what is so annoying? People that don't know how to have a proper garage sale. I mean seriously. This morning I put all 3 boys in the car and headed out for a quick hour to see what I could find. I went down Hickman a little ways and turned South onto 142nd. There were a handful back there so I thought, "great, this is a nice neighborhood, probably lots of kids stuff, we'll see what I find." The first sale I get out and go to I'm absolutely shocked. There are tables and tables of nice boy's and girl's clothes, the exact sizes I need for Drew and/or Reed. And? Every, single piece of clothing is marked either $4 or $5. NO JOKE! I thought they had to be kidding. It took every bit of my self control to bite my tongue and not say "you wanna know why everyone is walking in your garage and turning around and walking right back out?" I mean seriously, are you kidding me? The stuff was nice, but not that nice. And, I know I'm cheap but I can go to Children's Place or Target and even sometimes GAP, and buy clothes, brand new, on clearance for less than $4. I was so annoyed. My idea of a good garage sale is where the nicest clothes are marked $2 and everything else is a buck. And most people even have their used t-shirts, plays clothes, pajamas, etc marked for $.50. Can I get a hollar or am I just a cheap disgruntled garage-saler?! =)
I am SOOOOO excited because last night I got online and ordered our Family season pass for the Zoo/Science Center. We never do stuff like that and we always turn down invitations to go to the zoo or the science center because we never have the money at the time. So, we decided to set the money aside and buy the pass. Now when someone says "wanna go to the zoo today?", I won't say, "sorry, can't, don't have any money". YEAH!!! It was only $139 for year round, free admission as many times as we want to the Zoo and the Science Center. You also get into other functions for free too, like the Family Friday nights and other stuff. If Scott is home tonight I think we may head over to the zoo for their "member's night". They have inflatables and the animals are out and live music. Hopefully the rain stays away!
Gotta run, Corbin is sleeping and Drew and Reed are about to have a knock-down, drag-out brawl over the jeep and whose turn it is to drive. Like Reed can drive it? Duh! =)
I am SOOOOO excited because last night I got online and ordered our Family season pass for the Zoo/Science Center. We never do stuff like that and we always turn down invitations to go to the zoo or the science center because we never have the money at the time. So, we decided to set the money aside and buy the pass. Now when someone says "wanna go to the zoo today?", I won't say, "sorry, can't, don't have any money". YEAH!!! It was only $139 for year round, free admission as many times as we want to the Zoo and the Science Center. You also get into other functions for free too, like the Family Friday nights and other stuff. If Scott is home tonight I think we may head over to the zoo for their "member's night". They have inflatables and the animals are out and live music. Hopefully the rain stays away!
Gotta run, Corbin is sleeping and Drew and Reed are about to have a knock-down, drag-out brawl over the jeep and whose turn it is to drive. Like Reed can drive it? Duh! =)
This is one of those pictures where one day the boys will say "aww, mom, seriously? why would you let us do that and WHY would you take a picture of it?" =)
3 comments:
ok wow. something is wrong with me. that picture of them kissing made me tear up...wow, maybe i should get a life.
LOVE those kind of pictures, they will love seeing those some day :) CUTE!
thanks for stopping by my blog :) i love your thrifty lamp re-do! and your chippy painted drawer *sigh*.....You have a beautiful family...God is GOOD!
Post a Comment