4/20/09

We had a fun weekend. We went to Cedar Rapids for The Rock and Worship Road Show. It was only $10 at the door for Mercy Me, Sanctus Real, Hawk Nelson, John Rueben and Tenth Avenue North. Jeremy Camp was supposed to be there but wasn't. That was a HUGE bummer since he was the main reason we were going. And even more annoying is that nothing was ever said about it. We show up and are waiting, and waiting, each band finishing....us thinking, "I wonder if Jeremy Camp is next" and then before we knew it the concert was over.....no Jeremy Camp. And, it was also literally 100 degrees in the auditorium. I have no idea why. It was awful, awful, awful. We were so miserably uncomfortable. But, beyond all that it was still a great concert, good times had by all! (Amy couldn't make it.)
Today has been an exceptionally long day with my two boys. Reed has officially hit the terrible two's and he's 18 months old!! He is so busy. Never, ever, ever sits still. I am constantly taking him off the counter top, out of the bathroom toilet, off the kitchen table. He's constantly dumping out puzzles, eating play dough, digging in the fridge for food, and on and on and on. It is so trying some days. Especially on the days (like today) where Drew is rotten! I battled Drew all afternoon over who was going to win the "quiet time" war. Some days it's fine and other days he just doesn't seem to understand that I could CARE LESS that he doesn't want to stay in his room, but that he has to regardless. He has been fighting me on every.single.thing all.day.long today! I'm exhausted. I'm praying that a good night's sleep will do his little attitude some good!

I'll leave you with some picture highlights.
There are wonderful, adorable, sweet times like this; watching Sesame Street together......
And other times when they're doing stuff like this: jumping from the chair to scale the fireplace....(this photo was quickly followed by me saying "drew get down, we don't climb on the fireplace mantle".) Duh, seriously, did I just say that?!

Painting. Reed lasted about 2 seconds before the paint was all over the kitchen floor, his hair and up his arms and he was flinging the brush around in the air splattering paint throughout the kitchen.It's all worth it at the end of the night, but I'm not gonna lie girls, I'm tired tonight.....

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I know exactly what you are saying about Reed. I'm there right now with Drew. On Friday I was ready to put him out in the yard with a "Free" sign. He is so exhausting and frustrating.

gramma Melanie said...

This whole pose made me laugh! What fun! I especially like the one of Drew in the act of climing! I know little Reed is a handful, but so much fun :)

Alisa said...

laughing really hard! Your boys crack me up.

Nicole G said...

You Hoyt gals are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I think it's about time you put up a new post! Maybe from your 30TH BIRTHDAY!!