So I'm feeling a little bit better about my icky day last week, but not totally better. It's actually a really, really good thing, just wrapped up in some not-so-fun details. The good thing? I'M CHANGING TO PART-TIME!!!! yay!! I can't even contain my excitement. I'm only going to be "open" on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays and I already have those 3 days full of kids. So, I'll still be making the money that I need to make, AND now I'll be getting 2 days a week (Wednesdays and Fridays) to do things with just my boys (including my 3rd son Corbin =) ). I'm so, so, so excited that there won't be "daycare" kids here every day of the week anymore. Looking so forward to being able to go to the pool, the zoo, the library, etc. this summer!! yay, yay, yay!
Andrea got a job offer to go back to work for a Chiropractor here in Waukee and she's excited about it. She's very sad to not be with Corbin every day but she's looking forward to actually working less hours than she currently works coming here every day, and making more money! ;) The Dr.'s office doesn't open until noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays and closes at noon on Fridays. Nice! So, anyway.......the not-so-fun part of all of this was that I had to call families and let them know that I decided to let go of all my full-time kids and change to only serving the families that needed me part-time. I had some very, very upset moms who basically told me that I had ruined their lives and they couldn't believe I was "doing this to them". Ughhhhhh, deep breath, I'm NOT the devil. I just decided that I needed a change, and this is best for my family! Geesh! =(
Doing in-home daycare has been harder than I ever imagined it would be. It has taken more out of me physically and emotionally than I could have imagined. Don't get me wrong, it's been good too. The kids make me laugh and we've met some really, really awesome families. And, most of all I am so much happier being with my boys every day than any job outside this house could ever make me. But, for my sanity and the well-being of my children........I am beyond pleased that there will be 2 days in our week where we won't have to be up, showered, and prepared for 6 different families to walk through our doors by 7am. very pleased! ;)
Thanks my girlfriends and sisters for praying for me last week, I felt surrounded by God's love even when I felt like vomitting from the horrible feeling a couple of these people left me with. ;)
I am living off the verse Jeremiah 29:11 this week........
5 comments:
That's so exciting. I don't know how you did it with that many kids that many hours a day. I think it's stressful enough to take care of your own child...it's so much harder to deal with someone else's. I'm glad that you were able to find a schedule that fits your needs. It'll be so nice to have days just to shower the boys with love and mommy time.
Oh, Erica, I am so sorry you had to deal with those crabby moms. I just don't understand why moms have to act that way. This is YOUR business and you have every right to run that business the way you want. I had a babysitter that quit when Sadie was a baby, and she said I was the only mom that understood and didn't treat her like crap for it. Now you can just relax and enjoy your own boys a little more now! I'm glad you are happy now!
Gramma says, "woo hoo!!!" More time for play :)
I'm excited for you!!! Congrats! That's crazy that people have been so mean to you. Geez. If they really knew you, they would know that you're main objective is not to ruin.their.life. Kinda shows that they're only concerned about themselves. I'm so happy for you, Erica! Congrats to Andrea, as well!
Rest in your decision, sister. Let alll the extraneous go. If you did what is best for you boys and your family, you have done well!
Now, relax and look forward to pool time, zoo time, "O" time!!
.mac :)
Post a Comment