3/24/09

Caffeine withdrawal........it's REAL

So, I decided that I'm going to stop drinking pop. People.......that's serious, very serious. I LOVE, and I mean LOVE Diet Dr. Pepper. I'm not really sure why, or what made me decide to, but I've been "considering" it for awhile now. Ever since I started hearing, awhile ago, about diet sodas and how bad they are for you, how they make you gain weight/hold on to extra pounds, the artificial sweeteners give you headaches, cause cancer, make you feel tired, blah, blah, blah, I started thinking "maybe I should try to give it up, why not, if I don't feel any different then I'll just start drinking it again"! ;) My personality is the kind that is always up for a new personal challenge. I think I'm kind of doing it just to see if I can do it, know what I mean?! Anyway, I'm on day #2 with no pop. I am NOT giving up my coffee though. I made the stupid, stupid mistake of not having my normal cup of coffee this morning and I seriously was almost vomiting tonight. My head was splitting and I started to feel like I was going to throw up. So, know what I did? I brewed a pot at 8:30pm because I couldn't take it anymore. Now I probably won't sleep tonight but I just couldn't do it. I guess with the lack of my normal 24oz pop today AND no coffee this morning (which wasn't on purpose, just got too busy this morning), my body was revolting in need of CAFFEINE!!! So, wish me luck, we'll see what happens. I'm thinking if I can get rid of the "craving" for the pop, then maybe I can have it as a treat, or only when going out to dinner, something like that?! I dunno...........stay tuned for updates and results! ;)

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I commend you! I don't have a particular pop I like, but sweets are my downfall. It's terrible. Scott cracks me up in that photo below. You guys are great.