Okay, I finally have before and after pics of our little "project". I have to admit, this started out as my idea and ended up with Scott doing most of the work. We had a kitchen table and chairs that was my parents, they bought it when they got married about 30 years ago! It worked just fine but I was always keeping my eye out for something "new". I found a table on craigslist that I wanted but didn't like the color/finish. So, we decided to buy it (for dirt cheap I might add) and make it look like what I wanted but couldn't afford!! :) I have been stumbling across allllllll these blogs of women who buy old things and make them look new again, or interior design blogs, it makes me wish I had the time, energy and artistic ability of some of these people, they are awesome and their homes are beautiful, all filled with things from thrift stores! Anyway, here are the pictures. This table has been stripped, painted black, then stripped again because we didn't like the way it looked, and then re-painted, it was a labor of love (or lots of arguing and frustration), but worth it in the end, I love it and it matches the rest of my kitchen decor!
Before
After
2 comments:
It looks FABULOUS! I wish I had the knack for looking at things and seeing how they might look "fixed up." All I ever see is ugly stuff that I don't want to buy! You guys did a fabulous job!
Now THAT is inspirational!
Post a Comment