4/28/08

Exactly a week ago today my phone rang and it was my dad. He said, "Erica, uncle Rog has had a stroke". I had no idea that the past week would turn out like it has when that first phone call arrived. It's been a week of utter raw emotions; confusion, frustration, and anger, to the deepest sadness that I've felt in a long, long time........probably ever. Thanks to everybody "out there" who has sent encouraging notes to let me know that you're all praying for my uncle (that you don't even know), and for my family. It has meant a lot. KEEP PRAYING! Rog's family needs prayer right now and will continue to for the long road ahead. Rog is now at a hospice center. We are cherishing the last few hours, days, weeks, whatever it may be, that we will have with him. I can't even begin to explain how hard it is right now, having him there is absolutely heart-wrenching. I won't get into it all here but I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and most importantly for your prayers. Life is so difficult sometimes, when things like this happen it just shatters our idea of the "world", of what feels like "sense" to us. None of this makes sense, it's all so unfair. It makes me realize that nothing here on this earth is forever, that sadness is, and that bad, horrible, unfair things happen. If you really believe in the power of prayer and God's ability to surround people with peace, somehow, in times of complete turmoil, then join me in praying for:
Cara and Jason and their girls Sadie (4) an Violet (1)
Will and Kate and their kids Cooper (4) and Maggie (1)
Seth and his girlfriend Laura
and my precious Aunt Cheryl, she's an amazing woman, I love her to pieces and she is so in love with her husband Roger...........

2 comments:

Alisa said...

We continue to pray.

Can I say as a side note: What cute names: Sadie, Violet, Will, Kate, Cooper & Maggie...I love all of those names! I bet they are adorable children to match those great names.

Please update again as you know more!

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for your family and your uncle's. Keep us posted on how things are going!

Laura