4/30/08

The Circle of Life

AHAHAHAHAH!!!! Pure excitement and joy in the midst of utter pain and sadness. My little sister went into labor, 3 WEEKS EARLY! What? Who does that? Is that even fair for those of us who go overdue by a whole week and have to be induced? Hello? Her and hubby were just as caught off guard as the rest of us when her water broke as she was folding laundry last night. She thought it was a joke, "no way" she said to herself!! :) Little Corbin James Doll is here, 7lbs 14oz and 19inches long. He's a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! LOTS of blond curly hair! That's funny......since dad has jet black hair and mom is a brunette! :) He's so cute, so tiny, tiny. Reed seems just huge to me now (who, by the way is army crawling everywhere these days). Sorry I don't have pics (horrible aunt) my camera has been out of commission for a few days now and I just haven't gotten around to buying some batteries. Hopefully I can get some pics when we visit again tomorrow. Everyone is doing well. I think my parents are physically and emotionally exhausted though. Exhausted just doesn't even explain it, really. My uncle Rog is still hanging on. His body was so strong and healthy before all of this and it's just refusing to let go. This whole thing is just getting so hard. Last night as I stood in Andrea's hospital room and watched the nurses preparing her to become mommy I thought about the circle of life; as my uncle, a man so loved, so missed already, so humble, and hard-working, so loved by his family prepares to meet his Maker, my sister brings a new life into this world, sweet and tiny and innocent, ready to be taken care of, loved, taught, nurtured. Someday little Corbin will be a grandpa and the circle of life will continue............

Such a trying and difficult, yet wonderful time of life this is for my family.................

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Yippeeeee! Woo hoo!!! So exciting! Photos. Want to see photos!!!

Alisa said...

Yippeeeee! Woo hoo!!! So exciting! Photos. Want to see photos!!!