2/11/11

empty frame turned jewelry organizer

Ok, so I know this is nothing new or original. It's actually been around blogland for quite some time. It's been on my "list" for at least a year but somewhere in that year I got pregnant and had a baby and it kinda screwed up my whole schedule! ;) I have a decent amount of jewelry and I always struggle with a good way to organize it. I HATE it when it's all just jumbled up on my dresser or in drawers tangled and dusty and grody! This morning while Drew was at school, Ali was crawling around getting into things and Reed was quietly watching Sesame Street I dug out an old frame, some black felt, my glue gun, scissors and some raffia type stuff (not sure what it really is, it's from an old basket that came unraveled) and turned an empty frame into this fun jewelry organizer. I haven't hung it yet cuz to be honest that's just not my thing.....good thing the hubster will hang whatever I tell him to, whenever and wherever! He's so well trained! ;)




All I did was wrap the glass with the felt and place the glass back into the frame and secure it. Then I cut the wicker/raffia stuff into the lengths that I needed and hot glued them to the felt. Very easy. My necklaces are hanging on the raffia as well as some earrings and other earrings are simply stuck right through the felt. I've seen these jewelry organizers done many different ways with an old frame. I chose to leave the original glass IN my frame and just cover it because if I had taken the glass out (like I've seen done) knowing me, I'd have lost it or broken it before the days end.

It looks a bazillion times better than what I had going on before! Check that one off the list!

2 comments:

BearShe Cottage said...

I like this idea. I'm with you that I don't like tangled jewerly. I have laid mine out in a bench that the lid raises up at the foot of my bed. But the only problem is that sometimes I forget what I have because it is not out in front of me. This is another option for me. Thanks.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

I had one of these on my list for awhile too from being inspired by blogland! hehe. I love how yours turned out! :)