1/25/11

J.Crew tank top....but not really

So, if any of you are anything like me you have champaigne taste on a beer budget! Seriously, I'll be looking online at clothes (since I don't really shop these days)for inspiration, or just dreaming about what I would wear IF I had all the money in the world to spruce up my wardrobe and I'll come across something "oh-so-cute" and OF COURSE it's the most expensive thing in the shop.

I can't for the life of me remember where I saw this but I DID see this idea somewhere out there in blog-land (so, please don't be mad at me if I copied you and am not giving you the credit) and decided to give it a try myself. I'm not gonna lie.....I'm in LOVE with how it turned out. Of course in my true I-have-no-patience style, I did not take a proper before picture but just picture a very plain black tank from Old Navy. I found a J.Crew tank online that was...ready for this....$49.95!!! Yup. FIFTY BUCKS for a tank top. I think not my friends.




So, here's my version of the tank...
(please excuse the dirty mirror, and yes I cut my head off b/c I hadn't showered that day)



you like?

2 comments:

Loretta said...

nice, Erica!! Very creative!!

Jennifer said...

So cute! I'd love to know how you did that. Although, you're really good at sewing...and I'm not at all.:) I also agree with you about the schedule from a later post. I feel the same way about my days!