6/3/10


It has been a difficult couple of days around this house!! Scott is in Kansas city (where he was all last week and is going again all of next week), and it's always extra tough when he's gone. There's just something about being alone with the kids all day and all night for numerous days in a row that can really wear a mom out!! And did I also mention that having a 3 WEEK OLD NEWBORN doesn't necessarily make the whole traveling husband situation ANY easier?! um, ya.....well, it doesn't!!


Ali hasn't slept well the last couple nights and I'm just exhausted and really ready for daddy to come home! I need to stop looking at Facebook because I think if I see one more mom's "status update" say anything in relation to her kids driving her nuts and "not being able to wait until daddy comes home at 5 FLIPPIN' 30pm" to give her a break, I might go crazy!! haha, I'm joking.....kind of....sort of.....not really!? =) I know everyone's situation is relative......others have it way worse than me and seriously, I am so blessed but sometimes Facebook (as much as I enjoy it) can be reeeeeally annoying!!!! Okay, enough of my pity party!


We spent the morning at the park today with Corbin and Madden and had a picnic lunch too, fun times! Yesterday we went to a different park in Waukee. We played, went on a walk, skipped rocks in the little stream, looked for bugs, had a picnic, and met some new friends. It was seriously a total God thing......we met this family while we were there playing and the mom and I just sat and talked for 2 hours while the kids had a blast! She had 3 kids sort of around Drew and Reed's ages and talked to me all about how she homeschools them. We talked about our faith, our families, her reasons for homeschooling, our husbands, etc. It was seriously such a blessing....I desperately needed some adult conversation and another mom to tell me that I WASN'T going crazy for wanting to go crazy with my husband out of town. She talked about how her husband used to travel and how hard it is to be at home with them when your husband is out of town. Then we realized that we live just a few houses away from each other in the same neighborhood and said we'd definitely get together again sometime! It was a good morning! It's crazy how God always has a way of reminding us that He's there for us.


Oh, gotta run, Ali's up from her nap...........................

2 comments:

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

That is so awesome you met that lady there! Oh my gosh! Great connection....and you know how I feel about the newborn and traveling husband thing....

Erica said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl. She is a doll. I just stumbled on your blog from Alisa's, and can completely relate to the frustrations of a traveling husband. Mark travels a fair amount for his work which makes for LONG days. It does make you appreciate the days when things are "normal" though.