11/2/09

We had a good weekend although we missed daddy. Scott had to take a piece of machinery to Cleveland for work. He left in the wee hours of Friday morning and just got back today. I was totally out of commission all week last week. It was horrible! I somehow had irritated my back and was in a lot of pain trying to ice, rest and recover all week long (while being nauseated constantly and taking care of 5 kids off an on). So, Friday I decided that the last thing I wanted to do was spend the whole weekend by myself running around after the boys. We left right after lunch for Cedar Rapids and spent the weekend with my parents. Dad took the boys trick or treating Saturday night (forgot my camera, waiting for mom to send me her pics) and the rest of the weekend we just vegged. I was so happy to get to go to lunch with my friend Angie and her husband Donny on Sunday after church. They seem to be doing well. They are sad, and grieving in their own way but they are also doing well. God bless them!

Stay tuned for my newest "business" venture! My sister Emily and I are working together on putting some of her fabric ideas to "life". I'll post pictures soon and plan to try and sell our creations! =)

And lastly, I know this is a boring post, and especially boring with no pictures ( I love looking at people's pictures) but I want to ask you all to pray for my back. Last week was really, really rough for me and I caught myself many times in a heap of tears asking myself how I was ever going to get through the next 6 months in this kind of pain. My "back" doctors want me to go on a Duragesic pain patch (fentenal) that you wear on the skin and it must be worn for the duration of my pregnancy. They say it's "safe" for pregnancy (the meds I normally take are not safe for me to take during pregnancy) but it just scares me and in my mind is something I will only do as a last resort when I've reached the end of my rope. My OB doesn't necessarily want me doing that unless it's a last resort. Right now, I'm just trying to get through the days and hoping that by icing and not overdoing it, I can get through a few more months without having to deal with a decision about being on narcotics while I'm pregnant. Does NOT sound like fun to me! Anyway, your prayers are appreciated!

2 comments:

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

i'm praying, and please let me know how i can help if i can!

Alisa said...

Yuck!! Such a bummer that you're dealing with that back pain, Erica!! I'll be praying for you.