6/4/09

A little POP of color!

I've been getting in touch with my creative side lately! haha, I'm not very creative. But seriously, I think I've found an outlet of some sort. It's been kinda stressful around here lately with just life in general and I have been doing lots of interior decorating, spray painting, updating to the house and I've got a list started of projects (big and small) that we're going to slowly start to work on in order to update the house. It NEEDS it!! I'm having a ton of fun and it's nice to have something to do that's just "me" time! I think my husband thinks I've gone a little crazy! ;)


I went to Menard's last night and looked through the Clearance isle. Found some spray paint and some chalkboard paint. I've been wanting to make a big chalkboard lately to hang in the kitchen. So, I started small just to see how this stuff works, and this is what I came up with......


I took an old frame that was sitting in a cupboard not being used, spray painted it Candy Apple Green (one of the cans I found at Menard's last night), sanded it down a little to give it a distressed look and then sprayed the glass with the chalkboard paint! I like......

Then I took this old glass vase that I did not like and also wasn't using..........


And sprayed it too, much better.



Oh, and last but not least, I found this AWESOME pitcher at a garage sale a couple weekends ago for $3. Can't beat that. It's heavy and beautiful. The lady said to me "I just bought it at Dillard's for $39.99 and didn't want it anymore". Are you kidding me? People are strange. =)


PS - Neither the chalkboard frame or the glass vase were Erica originals....hence the "not very creative" part, I steal all my ideas! ;) Blogland is full of oh-so-cool stuff!!

4 comments:

Kimba said...

I love it!!! I really need to do a chalkboard for my kitchen...

And your glass vase looks perfect with that green color.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kimba

Danielle said...

I could use you here!!!!!

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

do you ever think it would be fun to have a "decor party" ? like everyone brings some crap from their house they don't know what to do with and we all just go to town with spray paint and sandpaper while we inhale junk food and wine, and see what we come up with?
P A R T Y !!!

peter marie said...

I'm scared to click on your links in fear I will want to redo my whole house. Your makeovers are so cute!!
Emily's party is a good idea. I've also gone to a stuff swap where we all just brought our junk and exchanged it with each other. Fun times!