11/17/08
Do anybody else's weekends go by WAAAAAYYYY too fast these days?! We had a good weekend, but it flew by much too quickly! My hubby surprised me Friday night with a baby-sitter and dinner (at Bravo nonetheless, love that place!!). Then, Saturday I got a few errands in ALL BY MYSELF while daddy and the boys were at home! Gotta love that too! Saturday afternoon/evening Scott had to work for a few hours. Then Saturday night we went to friends' house for dinner. The theme was Mexican, and the food and conversation was wonderful!!! Sunday was a really good day at church, we had guest speakers on the topic of marriage and it was very good. Sunday after church I headed to Tanger Outlet Mall in Williamsburg, met my mom and sister and shopped for a few hours. It was fun and I got a few really good "outlet" priced Christmas gifts, awesome! I was at the toy store there and they had a deal "buy 3 get the 4th free", everything in the store. Of course your cheapest item was the free thing. I already had 3 things in my cart that I had decided on for gifts for Kaeden and Corbin and then a bucket of play food for our play kitchen for the daycare when I realized I could pick out something else for free. So, I picked out a small little stuffed animal of Alex, from Madagascar, one of Drew's favorite movies. In the same little bin was also Melvin, Marty, and Gloria, the other main characters. But, I grabbed Alex...........
I headed back to Des Moines and out to Gramma and Papa's house to pick up the boys (Scott had to go back into work so took the boys to his parents' house). When I got there I told Drew that I had something "really cool" in the car for him, that I had gotten him something while I was gone today (I had already decided not to save it for Christmas, it was a really small little thing and it was free, and he loves Madagascar, so I figured what the heck....). He was allllll excited that I had gotten him a toy. So, when we got home I gave it to him. Wanna know what he said? " I don't WANT Alex, I want Marty!!!!", with the poutiest most spoiled rotten little tone in his voice and look on his face. I was FUMING!!! I ripped it right back out of his hands and proceeded to tell him that that was fine and I would be giving it to a little boy that WANTED Alex and wasn't so ungrateful for the gift. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "mom, don't be frustrated I just want Marty, not Alex." ahhhhhh, geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right then and there I decided we needed a lesson on all the children around the world who don't get presents for no reason randomly one Sunday night after their mom has been shopping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mitch and I were also at Tanger on Sunday Christmas shopping. I love that place!!!! Too bad we didn't run into you guys.
That's freakin hilarious! And that pic of Reed is too much!
Isn't it funny how they are like so serious....Drew was like, what's the big deal? I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't want him!?!
I LOVE that picture of Reed. That is a classic!
Nicole G
Post a Comment