9/30/08

Wow, it's been a long time! Besides feeling sooo busy lately, I just haven't felt the desire to write much, I feel like I don't have much to say. My sister Amy and I went to KC last weekend, just for the heck of it, for some girl time and shopping, just a chance to get away. It was the first time I've left Scott with the boys EVER for longer than an hour or two. He did well, what a good daddy! Well, except for the bandaged finger Drew had from cutting himself with a knife, and the broken lamp in the living room. Still not sure how that happened! :) Anyway, here's a few pics from our weekend. Hope everyone is doing well.

Road trippin'

Getting ready to go out to dinner

Mommy's home!!!! (look at that NERDY outfit daddy put on Reed!)

I found some great bargains ($2.97 hats for the boys) and some other cheap stuff. We got pedicures on Saturday, ate good food at Houston's, and shopped. It was relaxing and fun, glad we made time for it!

Scott is putting the finishing touches on our fence and I LOVE it! Having the yard fenced in is just really nice especially when I have other people's children here all day. It looks beautiful! What would I ever do without my handy hubby! He's a genius!!! The next project is to build a shed in the back to store the mower and other junk. We always have at least 3 home "improvement" projects going on at once. You'd die if you saw my list!! :) I have a fun one going on right now, it's a secret......before and after photos to come! I can't wait!!!!

2 comments:

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

i just laughed outloud when i saw that pic of reed! drew looks like a little stud but reed looks like a complete dork! what was scott thinking? everything looks too small on him too duh! it looks like you guys had fun in kc. good times =)

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Hi!

I have no idea how I came across your blog, but wanted to say hi!

I'm a mom of boys living in IA too.

I laughed at your comment about Reed...my husband does the same thing! I'll come home and they'll have the smallest, oldest clothes on...what the heck!?!

Great blog!