9/4/08


Today is Drew's first day of preschool. Can I tell you? He was SOOOOOOO excited this morning that he couldn't even stand it. He walked around with his Superman backpack all morning saying "I'm going to school", so matter-of-factly!! It was too cute! But.........can I ALSO tell you that he lost it when we got there and cried because he didn't want me to leave him? UGH!! It was funny, like he all of the sudden realized what this "preschool" thing was that we'd been talking about now for months! All the other 3 year olds were so cute, and they were all excited to be there. Honestly? My kid was really the only one who was having a hard time with me leaving him there. All the more reason for him to go, I say!!! It's weird for Scott and I because Drew has always been the kid who never, ever went through separation anxiety, never had a problem with me taking him to the nursery in church, leaving him with a baby-sitter, etc. And now, ever since I've started staying home full-time, he's a TOTALLY different kid. It makes me feel really good about deciding to have him start preschool. He needs to get back to that realization that I'm coming back for him, that he can trust me in that way. He's going to absolutely love, love, love it! I know he will, there's no doubt in my mind he's having a blast right now. He just has to realize that for himself and that's what's hard for me! I'll give an update after I pick him up at 11:30. I'm excited to see him and hear about his morning. It's a little too quiet right now with him gone and the babies napping! Weird!!!

No comments: