8/18/08

We had a fun weekend! Adventureland was a blast on Saturday. There were WAY too many people but the weather was nice and the boys loved it! Thanks for taking us Gramma and Grampa!!! We also camped one night out at Cutty's and ate way too many S'mores, went swimming, paddle boating, and just plain ol' relaxed. It was fun and went by way too fast!! Here are some picture highlights of our weekend. Have a great Monday everyone!

Kaeden's takin' over the controls!!

3 comments:

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

ya, kaeden's takin over the controls even though he has NO IDEA how to work them! that's drew's job!

Alisa said...

Looks like such a fun weekend!!! All of those photos made me smile!

Joy said...

Hi it's nice to meet you! Look at you---you're a lucky mommy of two boys.
Okay, I'm here's my advice about painting furniture:
You can paint most all wood furniture. Remember a good prep job equals a good paint job. First give it a good cleaning with a degreaser. Then sand every surface of the table. If your table has a shiny finish you'll have to do a bit more sanding. You don't have to strip the whole table, but you do have to sand it WELL because you want a good surface for the paint to adhere to. I always use a medium grit sandpaper.
Because it's a piece of furniture that's going to get a lot of use, I recommend that you use a really good high adhesive primer like Kilz. Primer will prevent the existing stains from coming through and it helps to bond the paint to the original finish. If you plan on sanding and distressing the table you may not want to prime, but it will continue to get "distressed" as you use it since the paint doesn't stick as well.
After the primer is dry you can spray paint it black. Be sure to use a quality paint like Rustoleum. I like a satin finish on my furniture. I usually spray one coat, let it dry, then spray a second coat. Be sure to give it a day or two to cure before you put things on it and really start to use it.
I hand paint a lot of my furniture too. It takes a bit more time but can cost a little less than using several cans of spray paint. And you don't have to paint outside.
I hope that answers all of your questions. If not, feel free to ask me more. Good Luck with your table.