6/17/08

Movie Tuesday


The kids are all 3 watching "A Bugs Life". We just finished breakfast, Reed is down for a nap and Drew and Kylee and Morgan are having a movie morning. Is that bad? If so, uhm, I really don't care....=) I'm not feeling the greatest, Drew, Reed and I all three have a cold. We're planning to walk to the ice cream shop later today, so I'm telling myself that it's not a bad thing to plant them in front of the TV. It's summer, right, they're supposed to be able to just lay around and be lazy!? Someone agree with me, please?


Yesterday was such a good day. It was SO beautiful outside, the kids got along so well together, we played a lot, painted, Drew took a great 2 hour nap (in his new big boy bed might I add). It was just an all-around good day. The bad? Scott left early this morning to go out of town for work and won't be home til Friday. Argh, that sucks! I hate it when he's gone. It makes for some really, really long days and nights!!


We moved Drew to his new room Saturday night. And? He LOVES it! He's slept better and gone to sleep easier than he has in weeks. I think it's all about the timing. We waited quite a long time (he'll be three in August) because he just wasn't ready. He liked his crib and seriously? What's the hurt in leaving him in a crib? So, now, he's ready, and loves it. Saturday he said to Reed, "Reedy, you can have my baby crib now, I don't need it anymore." He just goes to sleep like such a big boy. We've been leaving his brace off every other night or so, giving him breaks from it and even on those nights, he just goes to bed. Before we moved him he was climbing out of his crib (yes, even with the brace on, not quite sure how he managed that) and coming out of his room constantly. But really, I can't complain because even when he'd climb out and come down the stairs all he really needed was reminded to go back to bed and that would be it. He's done very well with the whole sleep thing, I can't complain! I'm a big fan of "sleep training" though and routine (even with naps). It was/is NOT easy with either boys as babies. Anyway, I think he feels like such a big boy! I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done decorating. So far, all I've managed is new curtains and bed spreads. I'm planning to paint, and Emily (my sister) is doing some really cute paintings for the walls in guess what? Construction vehicles, duh, could have guessed that one, right? He wants a semi, a dump truck and a skid steer.


Ok ya'll, hope you're enjoying this cool, sunny morning. I have way too many things to do to be sitting here! =) oh, and ps - i know i'm biased, but isn't that stinker the cutest thing EVER?! even with his pointy, sticking-straight-out ears!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that we are having a movie day right now! Sadie is watching a Barbie movie (one of my very least favorites). So, I think it is just fine to have a little down time every now and then and just chill on the couch and watch a movie!

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

I agree - nothing wrong with a movie - but you already know that about me anyways!

and yes - you are right, that is the stinkin cutest pic ever!

Amy said...

I just wanna SQUEEZE the little man, what a cutie!!

(You need to compare this w/one of your baby pics)...