4/13/08

You give and take away.......

This morning in church we sang "Blessed Be Your Name" and the line that says:

"you give and take away,
you give and take away,
my heart will choose to say,
Lord Blessed be Your name"

just struck a chord with me. It hit me, we choose to say Blessed be His name. We (at least I) definitely don't always want to or really feel like it, but it's a choice. It's a choice of praising him, and worshiping even when we feel like it's the last thing we want to do, even when He TAKES AWAY!!! This has been a hard last couple days for us. Things didn't work out like they were supposed to on some financial stuff and we're feeling a little hopeless and a LOT stressed. Scott reminds me all the time that "it'll work out, babe, it's ok, it'll all work out". He has a lot more faith than I do sometimes, I worry about it all and he has a peace that he knows it'll work out, somehow. Anyway, this whole "taking a leap of faith" thing is way, way harder than it seems at first glance, that's for sure! I know that in 10 years we'll look back on these days and smile, thinking about how much we learned, but right now?.... sometimes? I'm not quite sure about tomorrow, let alone 10 years from now............

Enough of the downer stuff. This week is going to b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!! Hear me people? BEAUTIFUL....70s by Thursday. I'm pumped! I'm going through this entire house like a mad-woman getting ready for Waukee Citywide garage sale weekend in 3 weeks. I have a whole room full of stuff already. Now, if I can just get it all marked!

Darn, my camera batteries just died.......Drew just dressed himself so he could go outside and "find daddy" and he put both his shirt and pants on backwards, he looks hilarious! Oh well! Hope ya'll are going to have a beautiful weather week as well.

2 comments:

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

that is by far my favorite song ever. i love it. it always makes me cry cause it is so true. and scott is right - listen to him! it will all work out....

Alisa said...

Arg to money stuff. I'm so sorry something fell through...so frustrating! You guys are great and it's so cliche to say, but all will come together.