3/30/08



I'm telling you, there is nothing sweeter! Drew and Reed absolutely love each other to death! Reed cracks up laughing every time Drew walks in the room. These pics, Drew kept saying "I love you Reedy", and hugging him over, and over!

We had a nice weekend. I'm sad it's over though. Scott has to go out of town tomorrow for work. I hate it when he travels! He usually leaves very early in order to be at the job site (wherever that may be) by 7:30 or so. He has informed me that he's leaving tomorrow morning at 3:30am. Totally insane!


We went to the mall yesterday evening, just for something to do, to get out of the house for a little while, it wasn't nice enough to go to a park. It was absolutely packed, completely crazy! They have a nice play area for kids that Drew loves, and he likes just walking around the mall, finding the water fountain to throw pennies in, etc. But seriously, after about a half an hour, it just wasn't fun anymore. You know that feeling of "okay, I'm looking around at all these cool stores, with all this cute stuff and I can't buy any of it, this isn't even fun, let's leave". Yeah, that's how I felt. For anyone who doesn't know, I'm going to be quitting my job. Oh my gosh, I just had a sick feeling, hoping that no one from my work has somehow stumbled across my blog (they don't know about this yet)! Anyway, yes, I am going to be quitting my job in the next couple months. I'm excited to be a full-time stay at home mom, but I'm SCARED TO DEATH at how unbelievably poor we are going to be. Okay, really, as I'm saying that, I'm smacking myself in the head. Really, in the grand scheme of things, we are SO NOT poor. I feel bad for even saying that. There are so many other people with much less than we have. It's just going to be really, really tight around here without my part-time paycheck! And really, don't even get me started. I could go on for hours about what it really means to be "poor" or "rich". As a Christian, none of the materialistic things that our society uses to judge "richness" even matter. But, it's still hard, you're just dumb if you don't admit that it's hard to not fight the temptations and the crazy fast-paced give me, give me world we live in! But hey, I'm willing to give it all up in order to be with my boys. Notice, I said willing, very willing in fact, but I didn't say it was going to be easy. I'm freaked out beyond belief about making ends meet. Regardless of that fact, Scott and I have prayed about this and we know it's where God wants us. We're jumping in, taking that leap of faith and trusting whole-heartedly that God will provide. He has never let us down. Every time I think the worst, God has always smacked me upside the head with a "duh, girl, do you ever learn, I said I was here for you!". What is my problem, sometimes I'm a really slow learner!! :)


Anyway, I could probably go on for hours, but I'm tired and I still have Scott's lunch to pack for tomorrow, 3 loads of laundry to do and a disastrous kitchen to put back together! Your prayers are much appreciated as we travel through these next couple months taking these scary yet very exciting steps! :)


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

2 comments:

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

I have already been praying for you guys about it- i know you are worried about all of it - i will continue to pray for you!!! =)

Alisa said...

Woooooo hoooooo! I'm so excited for you to be staying at home full-time, Erica! I want to say this without sounding like a wacko "stay-at-home mothers are clearly the best in the world", but you were created to do this. You specifically. I look at you and just know that this is the role that you will thrive in. I'm so excited for you guys.

The money stuff is one bummer about the whole gig...but you guys are smart and God is good.

Congrats! Now we MUST get together more. I always shy away from calling you for playdates because I don't want to take up time you're home with the boys, but expect that phone to ring now! ... or in a couple months at least. :)