I had a really great weekend! It started off pretty rough with Friday afternoon attending Logan's funeral. It was a really neat ceremony....really cool photos and videos, and really sad/moving songs. I cried and sobbed the entire way through. It was so awesome to get to see Angie (after about 9 years) and just hug her and cry with her. There really are no words for what I feel about Logan and Angie and Donny. It's just so hard to even describe.......
Then Friday night my mom and I headed back to DSM to pick all the rest of the girls (Amy, Emily, and Andrea) and we headed off to KC for our first annual "Girls' Getaway". We stopped at Quizno's to grab a sandwich before heading south. An hour into the drive we needed to stop because I had forgotten (not sure how) that I needed gas. As we pull into the gas station I realize that I had LEFT MY PURSE AT QUIZNO'S......uh, yah......I was not happy, at all. Can you say preggo brain? So, I had no wallet, no money, nothing the entire weekend! not cool!!! Anyway, besides that it was a fun weekend. We vegged out at our hotel, ate lots of junk food, sat in the hot tub (minus the two preggo girls), ate great lunch and dinner out, got pedicures, and shopped! Just what the doctor ordered! Can't wait until next year!! Thanks to my wonderful mommy for making it possible! She likes to spoil us now that we're adults and she won't ruin us!! ;)
When I got home last night the four of us ran to Pizza Ranch for dinner. hmmm, yum! Drew hugged me and squeezed me over and over and said "mommy, why did you go to the store for so long? I reeeeeally missed you!" haha, not sure where he got the idea that I was at the store. He's so much like his daddy, doesn't listen very well!! ;)
Anyway, today I've felt sicker than a dog which is becoming the norm for me. I'm right at 12 weeks and hoping, and PRAYING that this ends soon. It's so hard to get through the day let alone accomplish anything at all (laundry, feeding and bathing my kids, grocery shopping, etc) when I feel like this. I'm actually very, very proud of myself right now for folding some laundry that has been sitting in baskets for a solid month now, no joke. And for putting away the boys' summer clothes! Seriously, that's huge! =)
I can't for the life of me remember where I put the cord to download pics from my camera, but I promise, photos from the weekend to come....
4 comments:
Awesome! That sounds so fun!!
Hi! I'm envious of the 5 of you...wish I could have done that with my girls.....is it too late now?? Who knows.....
I've been anxious to hear how Fri. went. For me the hardest, saddest funerals for me have been baby ones. Tough, tough! Glad you were able to follow it up with some great girl time!!
Loretta
I just wanted to say congrats and since you are really sick I think you are having a girl that is how I was with makayla.
ashley
Post a Comment