5/8/08

This morning I had the TV on channel 13, I think it was NBC's Good Morning America, or whatever it's called on that station, with Matt Lauer and Meredith (from the View). Anyway, usually once the boys are up I never have the TV on anything other than PBS, or it's off and we have the radio (Life 107.1) playing. So, Drew is sitting at the kitchen table eating his Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (yes, my two year old eats sugary cereal, call me a bad mom), and Reed was eating mashed bananas and pears. Drew could see the TV from where he was sitting. In the background I was sort of paying attention to what was on, but like usual was totally annoyed and just disgusted with the crap that goes on in our world. Matt was interviewing a man who is the first openly gay Bishop. I wasn't paying too much attention so don't ask me any questions about who, what, when, where, 'cause, I don't know. But I did hear him saying something about "loving the world like God loves" and how that can "get you in trouble". UGHHH, don't even get me started, that has nothing to do with being a gay Bishop. Anyway, all of the sudden Drew goes "mommy, that guy on there is talking about Jesus and God." Wow, a very real reminder of how this is only the beginning of Drew being able to understand and starting to ask questions about why people do the things they do or say the things they say. I'm kind of freaking out. What are we going to say to him about our world, how are we going to explain all the awful, weird, scary, twisted, sinful, disgusting things that take place on a daily basis? The things that our "world" tries to define as normal, and okay, and acceptable. God help us all!!! Parenting is such a daunting task, anybody as freaked out as me when it comes to rearing our children in today's society?!

Anyway, less stressful stuff: Reed is now 7 months old, he has one and half teeth (much less than Drew at this age) and is army crawling (way earlier than Drew ever did). He's quick, I put him down and he's gone, back and forth, all over the living room. I LOVE this stage, it's my favorite time when they're this age. He's so much fun right now!

Corbin is still soooo tiny, at least he seems tiny to me. He's adorable, and funny. He makes the funniest faces and squeaks like a little bird. I still don't have pics, seriously, I'm annoyed at MYSELF! Maybe I can get some today, we'll see if I can venture out or convince Andrea to come visit! :)

And one more thing, it's CRAZY, this whole blogging thing. Yesterday I had a comment on my blog from an old friend from high school, Hi Danielle "Smith" Munson!! How cool, I had no idea how fast or where my blog had traveled. I love it! I would have never guessed that Amanda and Danielle were reading this. Danielle and I used to sit in choir together and talk when we were probably supposed to be singing or listening to the teacher. How fun to hear from you!

Hope everyone has as much beautiful sunshine as we do here today! Happy thursday everyone!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Crazy. I agree - this parenting business is daunting.