Life has suddenly become much more peaceful around the Obstarczyk household. Reed is finally (within the last week or two) into a daily napping routine. I shouldn't say "finally", he's into a routine much sooner than Drew was as a baby. The days are so much less stressful, so much more peaceful, and more productive when babies get their much needed sleep. Thank God that he made our bodies to require sleep to function properly, otherwise I don't know when moms would ever get a chance to breathe! I don't know what moms and dads would do without naptime and bedtime!!! Although I think that I may worry a little too much or stress a little too much about nap time and getting my babies into a routine as quick as possible, it's sooooooo worth it when they finally get the hang of it. Reed is such a happier baby, more content, so much less fussy now that he sleeps for a couple hours in the morning and a couple in the afternoon. With kid number two I was so much less patient. I wanted to force Reed into a schedule quicker because I had Drew running around and I was (and sometimes still am) having a hard time juggling the both of them. Now, when Reed sleeps every morning and afternoon for at least an hour and a half, I feel like I can spend much needed time with Drew or he can watch his cartoons while I check email, blogs, etc. I feel much more like a human now, those first few months with Reed were very tough, not gonna lie people!! Again, thank GOD for babies sleep time!! Of all the things that a parent can feel guilty about or feel like we're not doing a very good job of, I am proud of Scott and I for really enforcing naptime and bedtime. We were just talking about that last night at 7:45 when we were sitting on the couch, alone, quiet, peace. I looked at him and said "I am so glad that we're anal about their bedtime!!"
Okay, anyway, there's my crazy rant for the day..........I'm done with the computer now, Drew is watching Sesame Street. Kaeden's on his way over to play for the morning while Rick and Emily are going to a funeral. I'm looking forward to an uneventful weekend!
4 comments:
First off - bummer about your back! I can't imagine what you go through with having to be so physical with your boys, having been pregnant, etc. Now you can tell the fellas what it's like to ride in an ambulance!
Second - it's hard for me to imagine that you've had a tough time with having two children. You guys always seem to have things so under control! As terrible as this sounds, it's nice to know that you have tough days and that you've been able to have a sigh of relief. For some reason, it's nice to know there are others out there feeling the same way!
We'll get together soon. Us and our flexible schedules. :) This is the season of life...
*Glad you added a comment section!
nicely put, couldn't agree with you more. =)
Emily
i left a comment on this one earlier on this one but it didn't post for some reason.
i just wrote, well said on the topic of sleeping/naps/bedtime. i couldn't agree more.
em
ok, 3rd time i have tried to comment on here - and it hasn't gone through! anyways, well said about the sleeping/napping thing. that's all i wanted to say like 2 days ago!!!!!!! duh!!!!!
Post a Comment